Tuesday, December 13th, 6:30 to 9:30
The ILEA Cleveland Membership Drive kicked off at Metropolitan at the 9, in the Rotunda above Heinen’s on Tuesday, December 13th at 6:30pm.
Well over 100 attendees enjoyed a cash bar and gourmet appetizers, including lobster roll sliders, charcuterie, finger foods and heavenly doughnuts that were provided by our host venue, Metropolitan at the 9.
Rock The House (RTH) provided a mirror photo booth and kept the music going all night as guests partied the night away. Guests could take home instant prints of their photos, as well as have them posted to social media.
Furniture and linens, provided by Event Source, showcased some of their extra sparkly linens, cocktail tables and lounge furniture.
Upon arrival, each guest was given a passport card with three tasks to complete before the end of the night. The tasks included the following: network with an ILEA member of 5 years, introduce themselves to an ILEA Board member, and to take a photo with Rock the House at their mirror photo booth! A raffle ticket for the gift basket drawings was rewarded for each task completed by guests.
Chapter members also had a passport with three goals to accomplish: talk with social media guru Nick Borelli; gain resume and networking tips with Event Source Human Resource Director, Erin Curran; and get hair and make-up done by Beauty Call in preparation for a professional headshot by Making the Moment.
After completing and turning in their passports, guests received an additional four tickets for the raffle!
The gift baskets that were raffled off at 9:15pm were full of great prizes. Prizes included:
- Family of four pass at the Cleveland Natural History Museum
- $50 gift card from the Driftwood Restaurant Group
- Family annual membership to the Cleveland Metroparks Zoo
- Wine bottles
- Improv tickets
- $50 gift card from the RED Restaurant Group
- Golfing at a private course
- Tickets to the Great Lakes Science Center
- Tickets to the Pro Football Hall of Fame
- Tickets to Ohio History Connect
- Tickets to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
- Business and marketing coaching services by Rita Singh,
- Night stay at the Double Tree Downtown Cleveland with champagne, chocolate covered strawberries and breakfast.
- Karma Cash from the House of Blues
- $200 Visa gift card from ILEA Cleveland
Several lucky winners went home with arms full of great prizes!
Overall, it was another successful membership drive, as we gained 11 members at this event, bringing our Cleveland chapter to a total of 95. Cheers to the new year!
We’ll see you at the next event, Sip n’ Share, on January 17, 2017.
by Karsen Eckweiler
Directory of ILEA Cleveland Communications
A few photos from the event.
Mirror Photo Booth Pictures
Thank you Rock The House!
Next Event: Sip n’ Share
January 17, 2017 @ 5:30 pm – 7:30 pm
Kick off the New Year with your industry peers! This post “The Special Event Conference” meet up is the perfect opportunity to connect on the trends and tips seen at this years conference.
BYOB – This year, bring along your favorite beer or wine and share in libations and conversations!
Location: All Occasions Design Center