MANAGER, CATERING SALES
- We have an opening for a MANAGER OF CATERING SALES position.
Location: Cleveland Museum of Art in Cleveland, Ohio Note: online applications accepted only.
Catered events occur in both the museum’s main atrium, as well as private meeting rooms and occasionally art galleries. This position manages the overall financial success of internal (CMA) catering and special events that include Social, Corporate and Non Profit markets. Assists with training all catering staff in customer service and standards of service. Supports, supervises and trains all Catering Managers, Supervisors and administrative staff. This position entails a need for exceptional communication skills; ability to multi-task on a variety of projects simultaneously; accurate distribution of pertinent information both internally to all operational departments as well as to clients and vendors. Excellent client skills in presentation and sales ability. This role will report to the Director of Catering Sales.
This position is eligible for an Employee Referral Bonus! If you know someone that would be a great fit for this role, you can refer them to this position and potentially earn an Employee Referral Bonus! Click here to view the step-by-step instructions to refer a friend to this position.
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
Are you looking for a job with competitive wages and benefits, one in which you can learn and grow while making a difference in the world? We’re hiring! Bon Appétit Management Company operates more than 1,000 cafés around the country for corporations, universities, and museums, as well as a few dozen public restaurants. We’ve led the industry in socially and environmentally responsible sourcing, from sustainable seafood to cage-free eggs. We cook everything from scratch using fresh, local ingredients.
Full-time associates at Bon Appétit are eligible for many benefits, including:
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401(k) with matching by company
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
- Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- On-the-job training
Learn more about careers with Bon Appétit: http://www.bamco.com/careers/
Working as the Catering Sales Manager you will effectively coordinate and oversee all internal and external catering event sales. Manage costing and marketing functions as they relate to the catering department. You will work closely with clients and catering operations managers.
- Creates reports of operating statements and operational budgets, and reviews the collection of receivables
- Creates catering activities, books, plans & directed functions
- Creates proposals, contracts and banquet event orders
- Prepares and monitors budgets; financial targets and forecasts
- Maintains local clients database and builds and maintains relationship with new vendors
- Performs related duties and special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred or equivalent professional experience
- Proven track record for meeting sales goals
- Strong knowledge of current food, industry trends and fine dining points of service
- A minimum of three to five years of experience in hospitality industry including two years’ experience in catering sales
- Supervisory, scheduling, training and coaching skills
- Ability to assess client requirements and deliver ensuring client satisfaction
- Must be able to write menu proposals in consultation with chefs
- Superior quantitative, oral and written communications and problem-solving/strategizing skills
- Excellent leadership and organizational skills, flexible and adaptable to constant changes and must possess
- attention to detail
- Excellent overall computer skills with advanced knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
- Proactive mindset and able to remain calm under pressure to anticipate and support changes in our business.
- Conformity to the highest standards of personal integrity and ethical behavior
- Exceptional client relations and customer service abilities
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the food service industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Req ID: 243900