Associate Wedding and Event Planner
Depends On Experience
Optimistic. Steady. Persuasive. Relaxed. Sociable.
When you’re not in the room, are the above adjectives words that people would use to describe you? If so, you have the qualities we’re looking for on our team.
Oak + Honey Event Planning Co. is looking for a creative, detail-obsessed candidate to join our team as an Associate Wedding and Event Planner. This will be an hourly, part-time role.
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
• Networking at industry events and relationship building
• Overseeing the lead generation process and sales pipeline
• Selling wedding and event planning services to prospective clients in a custom, consultative approach
• Writing detailed proposals, where attention to detail is critical
• Creating an amazing client experience that adheres to the Oak + Honey brand
• Promptly communicating with clients and vendors via phone, text and email
• Planning an event from conception to execution, including leading the design process.
• Managing all logistics, vendors, and client relationships the day of the event
• Leading your own team on an event day (overseeing 1-2 assistants)
Here’s the Scoop:
The selected candidate will independently plan approximately 8-10 events in 2019, with the potential for growth dependent on personal sales and lead generation. The selected candidate will be on-site for those events and will be required to handle all client/vendor planning and communication leading up to and following those events. Hours will vary weekly, and will need to be completed both during standard business hours and during nights and weekends as needed.
• Minimum of 2-4 years of event planning experience
• College degree preferred
• Excellent sales skills, a strong work ethic and ability to take initiative with new projects and tasks
• Knowledge of Google Applications
• Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
• Knowledge of Honeybook and Aisle Planner platforms
Essential Functions of the Job:
• Sense of humor and wit, ability to roll with the punches and not sweat the small stuff
• Drivers license and reliable transportation
• Laptop and smart phone
• Ability and eagerness to work weeknights and weekends
• Ability to lift up to 20 pounds on the event day and be on your feet the majority of the day